Soal dan pembahasan un bahasa inggris sma ips 2009-2010
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Soal dan pembahasan un bahasa inggris sma ips 2009-2010
UJIAN NASIONALSMA IPS
SOAL DAN PEMBAHASANBAHASA INGGRIS
lIsTenIng seCTIon In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are four parts to this section with special directions for each part.
Part I Questions: 1 to 3. directions: In this part of the test, you will hear some dialogues or questions spoken in English. The questions or dialogues will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying. after you listen to the dialogue and the question about it, read the five possible answers, and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard. Now listen to a sample question. You will hear: Man : What do you want for your birthday present, Mike? A watch, a bicycle, a mobile phone
or a Power Ranger robot? Woman : Id would rather you bought me a Portable Play Station 3.
Narrator : What did Mike want for his birthday present?
A. A robot B. A watch c. A bicycle
D. A mobile phone e.
a play station 3
The best answer to this question is a play station 3. Therefore, you should choose answer e.
A B c ED
Tahun Pelajaran 2009/2010
1. A. How to use email.B. Internet usage. c. Receiving emails. D. Voice mail. E. communication.
2. A. He doesnt have a drivers license yet.
B. His friend will drive him. c. He is seventeen years old. D. His mother will use it. E. He drives carelessly.
3. A. The man takes the bus to work. B. The man wants the woman to go with
him.c. The woman prefers driving in the rush
hour. D. The woman wants to ride to work with
man.E. The man has to stand on the bus if he
takes it to work.
Part IIQuestions: 4 to 6.
directions:In this part of the test, you will hear some dialogues or monologues spoken in English. The dialogues or monologues will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying. After you listen to the dialogue or monologue, look at the five pictures provided in your test book, and decide which one would be the most suitable with the dialogue or monologue you have heard.
Part IIIQuestions: 7 to 11.directions:In this part of the test, you will hear some incomplete dialogue spoken in English, followed by five responses, also spoken in English. The dialogues and the responses
A B c
will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying. You have to choose the best response to each question.
Now listen to a sample question:Man : Ive got bad news about my test.Woman : What? You failed again?Man : Narrator : What will the man most likely
reply?A. Let me try again.B. Dont worry. Im fine.c. Sorry, Ive disappointed you.D. Never mind. Youve done your best.
E. Id like to apologize for my failure.
The best answer to the question you failed again? is choice c. Therefore, you should choose answer c.
AB c D E
7. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
8. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
9. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
10. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
11. Mark your answer on your answer sheet
Part IVQuestions: 12 to 15.directions:In this part of the test, you will hear several monologues. Each monologue will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers are saying.After you hear the monologue and the question about it, read the five possible answers and decide which one would be the best answer to the question you have heard.
12. A. Octopus B. Rhinoceros c. PlatypusD. MosquitoE. Hippopotamus
13. A. 0.7 to 2.4 kg B. 0.7 to 2.5 kg c. 0.7 to 2.6 kg D.0.7 to 2.7 kg E.0.7 to 2.8 kg
14. A. 16B. 48 c. 56D. 60E. 66
15. A. Fine B. clear c. RainyD. TerribleE. cloudy
This is the end of the listening section
This text is for question 16.
Please accept our sympathies on your daughters death, Linda. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.Please know that we are here for you.
With love, Agnes, Kathy, and Bruce.
16. What is the message about?A. Expressing condolences.B. Expressing happiness.c. Expressing surprises. D. Expressing prayers.E. Expressing love.
This text is for questions 17 to 19.
Dear Mr. Shoji,
We have reviewed your applications for credit, and it is our pleasure to inform you that an account has been opened for your company.
Please feel free to use your account as often as you wish. A descriptive brochure is attached which outlines the terms and conditions upon which this account has been opened.
Should your credit requirements change, or should you have any questions regarding to your new account, call this office and ask to speak to one of our account representatives.
When you call, please have your account number available, in order that we might have quick access to your file.
17. What is the letter about?A. An application to open a current
account. B. An application to open a saving
account.c. Requirements to open a bank
account. D. A customer new charge credit card.E. A company credit account approval.
18. What is needed to have quick access to your file?A. Account representative.B. Descriptive brochure. c. credit requirement.D. Account password.E. Account number.
19. Please feel free to use your account as often as you wish. (Paragraph 2) What does the sentence mean?A. The account is free of charge. B. Mr. Shoji is free to account his
money. c. Mr. Shoji wishes to use his account
freely. D. Mr. Shoji can open his account quite
often.E. Mr. Shoji can use his account anytime
The following text is for numbers 20 to 22.Hi, Guys! Our neighborhood will hold a Fund Raising Activity next month. It is intended to help victims of the landslide which happened yesterday. Everyone who is interested in this activity, please join us. You are also invited to donate your used clothes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Maryam as chief program coordinator at her house from 07.00 a.m. 03 p.m. Monday to Friday.
20. What is the announcement about?A. A neighborhoods activity.B. Ms. Maryams program.c. Used clothes donation. D. Victims of a landslide.E. Fund raising activity.
21. Where can Ms. Maryam accept her neighbors question?A. At her house.B. at her office.c. At the neighborhood.D. At the landslide area.E. at the committee office.
22. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Maryam.
This sentence has the same meaning as
A. Ms. Maryam is always ready to give information you need.
B. Ms. Maryam is always ready to ask your questions.
c. You are not charged if you contact Ms. Maryam.
D. Ms. Maryam will give you question freely.
E. Ms. Maryam has questions to ask.
The following text is for questions 23 and 24.
BalIs neWesT aParTMenT deVeloPMenT
a dreaM BeCoMes realITY
Sunwel Beach Residences Ketewel BaliPrime Property Prime Location Prime InvestmentOnly 5 minutes away from Sanur, directly at the beachAll apartments with view to the sea, full hotel amenitiesLarge pools, spa, fitness, sauna, & steam, Parking, RestaurantFor complete information please visit our website
Invitation stimulation temptation Where: Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta (Leatris Room)When: 15th and 16th of January 2010 (15.00 21.00 WIB)For reservation: PT. Umadamai Phone: +62 361 759 958 oremail: For every purchase prior to 31.01.2010 we will invite the buyer for the Ground-Breaking-ceremony-Flight from Jakarta to Bali and a night in a luxury villa FREE
23. The text talks about A. Sunwel Beach Residences Ketewel.B. Balis apartment development. c. A dream becomes reality. D.
Hotel Mulia Senayan. E. Prime property.
24. Which of the following is not found in the advertisement?A. Large pools B. Restaurantc. WebsiteD. FitnessE. Spa
The following text is for questions 25 to 28.
A farmer came across a bird with a broken wing. He picked up, took it home and looked after it lovingly, even though
his wife complained bitterly
about his wasting too much time on the creature.
After some time, the wing mended and, because the bird did not want the farmer to have kept on arguing with his wife all the time, it decided to go back to its nest.
When the farmer discovered that the bird was gone, he was so upset that he went out to look for it. Eventually, he found it again, and was greeted happily by the whole family of the bird. As a sign of their thanks for his care and attention, the birds gave him a little box, and told him not to open it until he got home.
To his surprise, the farmer found the box full of precious stones. When his wife saw them, she decided that she too deserved a reward, and she went to see the birds. The birds gave her a little casket; but this one was full of devils. The devils jumped on her as soon as she opened the casket and chased her away.
Left alone, the farmer went to live near his friend, the bird. There he built a hut of